We do screening audiograms for children 4 years old and older and for adults. Call us or schedule online.
The following groups are required by Texas law to have hearing screening
- Children 4 years old and older enrolling in any facility (public or private preschools, schools, child care centers, and child care homes) for the first time
- If turning 4 years old after September 1st of the year they are enrolled; they can wait until following September to be tested
- Children enrolling in pre-kindergarten and kindergarten, within 120 days of enrollment
- Children enrolling in 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th grade, in each of those years, any time during the year
Other groups that can or should have hearing screening
- Any child if parents or family members note decreased hearing
- Any person (child or adult) who has regular exposure to loud music or occupational noise
- Any person (child or adult) who desires hearing screening
We use an MA 25 Audiometer. It has been registered, as required, with the Texas Department of State Services. To ensure accuracy, our audiometer is calibrated monthly in our clinic,
and it is calibrated annually by a certified technician.